By Zhenhua Zhou
A learn on Globalizing Cities is the newest masterpiece via Zhou Zhenhua, a well-known chinese language economist, who heavily tracks the theoretical examine of worldwide towns and is actively engaged within the strategic study of Shanghai's development.
With wealthy empirical info and an in-depth research, this e-book is of significant theoretical and functional value. assorted from experiences on worldwide towns via popular western students, this e-book extends its standpoint to globalizing towns. It explores a distinct improvement version for China's globalizing towns by way of adopting an artistic attitude of remark and analytical equipment. by means of criticizing that the conventional worldwide urban concept derives the good judgment family of world towns at once from globalization, Mr Zhou places ahead the idea that of globalization urban, that is brought as a brand new intermediate explanatory variable. extra importantly, this booklet emphasizes that the development of worldwide towns isn't just depending on the distribution of city house and concrete financial improvement but additionally on complete building of a number of constructions and features of cities.
- Literature Review
- Globalization, Informatization, and the switch of the area urban System
- Global urban Networks and Their Nodes
- Regions of worldwide towns: a brand new Spatial Structure
- Rise of world towns: Prerequisite and Positioning Strategic Target
- Path Dependence of Globalizing Cities
- Relations of festival and Cooperation through the upward push of worldwide Cities
- Strategy orientated via circulation enlargement and Its improvement Mode
- Industrial Base of the major carrier Economy
- Evolution of Spatial constitution of Globalizing Cities
- Creative towns and Cultural Creativity
- Systemic Framework of City's Governing Structure
Readership: Undergraduates, graduates, teachers, economists, urbanologists, sociologists, and municipal governors who're drawn to globalization and China's city development.
Read or Download A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes PDF
Best globalisation books
Combining technology, philosophy, politics and economics, this book takes a provocative examine the adjustments required to construct a brand new worldwide political economy. This name to motion advocates a balanced political financial system with trandisciplinarity, responsibility and transparency at its centre.
Traditional knowledge perspectives globalization as a procedure that heralds the diminishing position or perhaps 'death' of the nation and the increase of transnational media and transnational intake. worldwide Media and nationwide guidelines questions these assumptions and exhibits not just that the countryside by no means left yet that it's nonetheless a strength to be reckoned with.
Transnational surrogacy – the construction of infants throughout borders – has develop into massive company. Globalization, reproductive applied sciences, new relatives formations and emerging infertility are combining to supply a 'quiet revolution' in social and clinical ethics and the character of parenthood. while a lot of the present scholarship has curious about the USA and India, this groundbreaking anthology bargains a much wider viewpoint.
This publication investigates how smooth French international coverage is practiced. France unearths its conventional strength prestige challenged via inner in addition to exterior advancements. Internally, it faces societal demanding situations regarding unemployment, integration, social exclusion, Islamist terrorism and the increase of populism.
- The Transnational Governance of Violence and Crime: Non-State Actors in Security (Governance and Limited Statehood)
- Agricultural Governance: Globalization and the New Politics of Regulation (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Migration, Masculinities and Reproductive Labour: Men of the Home (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship)
- La ruse de la mondialisation: L'assaut contre la puissance américaine (French Edition)
Additional info for A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes
A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes by Zhenhua Zhou